Friday, December 26, 2014

Boxing day goings-on

It's Boxing Day and we've all been lolling about, digesting...


Of course the cats are more than ready to stuff their faces again. Alex wants to know why supper is taking so long. 


Emerson seems more interested in the birdfeeder outside the window, but Louise is right in there!



I got Gordon this great shirt at RC Tees.



Emily is vigilant!


Alex wonders what the hell is taking so long. Eventually everyone got fed!

Here's a shot from Christmas eve. We had a little wine with our cheese fondue.



And Christmas breakfast...


Oatmeal (with Irish oats!) with sauteed Golden Delicious apples, pecans, cinnamon, maple syrup and rather a lot of cream.

Meanwhile, Lenny the blind 27-year-old farm mallard...


...apparently has a new Muscovy girlfriend! Karène was hanging around him today.


He had a bath, which is why he's a damp duck. And he has grain stuck on his beak!
            


He seems quite happy tottering around the fenced-in area we have for the birds. I keep an eye on him and today was the first time I left him alone out there for any length of time, but he did fine. No one seems to be picking on him. I'm going to keep his cage in the duck coop for now and he can sleep in there, plus I'll make sure he gets his food and water in there so no one else stills it from him. He has an adorable quack and seems quite happy!

Happy Boxing day and have a great weekend.

19 comments:

  1. There is no such thing as too much cream on Oatmeal (with Irish oats!) with sauteed Golden Delicious apples, pecans, cinnamon, maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of Lenny made me smile and think "Got grain?" Like the milk commercial. Love the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, yes! He could do commercials for our feed mill! :)

      Delete
  3. You have such a warm cozy happy looking home. The Christmas breakfast looks delicious. I need to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a thing for oatmeal! I never ate it growing up but I'm a big fan now.

      Delete
  4. My Clara Jane is like your Louise and cannot contain herself to wait for the bowl to be filled. At every meal, she jumps up to see in the bowls and I tell her to get down. We do this over and over again every single time. It's so sweet of you both to take in that old ducky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who else would have taken him. He is doing great! He's an inspiration to me. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad to see other homes where cats walk on the kitchen working surfaces! Love the tee shirt. And of course, the update on Lenny is heartening. Season's greetings to you all. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex has such a sweet face... Emily just looks like she thinks humans are beneath her... which of course, they are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love Lenny's final sidelong glance (although he's not really glancing).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds like all had a wonderful Christmas as well ! Cute photos ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Louise and Audrey share another personality trait. She, too, helps me dish it out. Wonderful photos of life at Natalie and Gordon's home. Have a fun and restful day today. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such patient felines =)
    Love the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a great weekend :-)

    I am just about relaxed after my hectic schedule...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Gordon's shirt and love even more that he looks happy to be wearing it.
    Hurrah for Lenny! It's lovely he might have special friend. It will make things more comfortable for him.
    He'sa handsome fellow and those bright orange feeties are too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just enjoying the daylights out of your photos! You have a mallard named "Lenny" and I have a husband named Lenny who is "blind" without his glasses! www.catchatwithcarenandcody.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You and Gordon are such a lovable pair that you and your delightful menagerie should have a TV show! Everyone should get to share in your kindhearted, busy lives!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I don't get the chance
    Happy new year to you
    Jxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!